Bocas del Toro to Arenal / la Fortuna (Caribe Shuttle, Boat & Breakfast)
- Duration: 11 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: PQAJ1C
Getting from Bocas del Toro, Panama to San José, Costa Rica has never been easier. We take care of everything. We even throw in Lunch. We will pick you up at the Taxi Valencia dock, or at Selina Hostel (for Selina guests only) You will take a 30 minute boat ride past some beautiful islands and mangroves to Almirante, where you will board one of our air conditioned late model shuttle vans direct to the border. From there we have our guide assist you with the immigration process leaving Panamá and checking into Costa Rica.
We then drive direct to Banana Azul where you will spend an hour or two having a buffet style breakfast and enjoying this beautiful little resort hotel on the beach in Puerto Viejo.
From here we pick you up and make the 5 1/2 hour trip direct to la Fortuna area hotels.
6:00 am to 6:30 am: Check in at Caribe Shuttle desk (Next to ferry dock)
6:30 am to 7:00 am: Boat travel to Almirante
7:00 am to 8:00 am: Travel to border
8:00 am to 9:00 am: Border crossing
8:00 am to 9:00 am: Travel to Puerto Viejo (Costa Rica time)
9:00 am to 11:00 am: Breakfast at Banana Azul (Included)
11:00 am to 3:00 pm: Travel to Guápiles (switch vans)
3:15 pm to 5:30 pm: Travel to Arenal / la Fortuna
5:30 pm to 6:00 pm: Hotel drop offs in la Fortuna area
- Please have your passport, and printed flight itinerary with you for immigration officials.
- Your flight can be from anywhere in Central America back to your home country, but must be within 90 days of the border crossing.
- Pick-up time is an estimate and may vary by 15 minutes either direction. Clients should be waiting at the assigned pick up point 15 minutes before the assigned pick-up time. The shuttle will wait for clients a maximum of 5 minutes. If after that waiting period the client is not on board, the shuttle will leave without the client and the client will NOT receive a refund.
- You are allowed 1 large bag or backpack and 1 carry on size (computer bag) per person.
- There is a $20 fee for each extra piece of luggage, odd or over size/weight luggage, surfboard bag (max. 9’ between CR and Bocas).